SUCCEED AT BABSON AND BEYOND: Improve your English with B-Speak!
Our customized, one-on-one course can help you:
- Improve PRONUNCIATION and INTONATION
- Build your CONFIDENCE
- Expand your VOCABULARY
- Perfect your GRAMMAR
- Prepare for JOB/INTERNSHIP INTERVIEWS (in-person and phone)
- Strengthen your WRITING
- Ensure a SUCCESSFUL GRADUATE SCHOOL experience!
SPECIAL DISCOUNT RATE for Babson Students and Applicants! $40/hour
and improve your English before applying and before the start of the new academic year.
What is B-Speak!?
Designed by skilled ESL educators at Speak! Language Center, B-Speak! offers premier online English language coaching for international students and working professionals. Whether you are pursuing an advanced degree in business, finance, engineering, science or marketing, we can help you build skills and confidence in English.
How Does the Program Work?
B-Speak! combines a customized online curriculum (up-to-date articles and videos, TED talks, “soft” skills exercises) with individual live video chat lessons tailored to your unique needs and challenges – from pronunciation and intonation to interview skills and writing. Our lesson modules focus on building the key skills you require – i.e. describing, defining, choosing, solving, defending and challenging – while time with the instructor is dedicated to practicing these skills in ways that will mimic the classroom, case study, presentation or interview experience in a challenging, yet supportive way.
- International Students and Professionals Need Support: You most likely have a basic or even very strong understanding of the English language, however you may lack the practice and guidance required in order to perform confidently at your university, on the job market, or in your workplace. You may need a bit of pronunciation and grammar polishing, or you might require more extensive coaching in order to not only survive, but especially to thrive, both in your graduate program of choice – and in the business world beyond. B-Speak! fills this niche and this recognized need.
- A Pro-Active Program: We can work with you at any stage of your career – from preparing for the TOEFL speaking test and admissions interviews to getting you ready for the graduate classroom, job interviews and beyond.
- It’s Flexible: As you know, business students and working professionals are very busy!! Since you can “meet” with your B-Speak! instructor before classes begin as well as during the academic year, at times that suit your schedule, you are more likely to experience significant improvements in your English and thus enjoy the full-benefits of the program. Since B-Speak! courses are based on the total number of selected hours, you also have the flexibility of signing up for a short 10 hour course or a more thorough 30+ hour option.
- Personalized Instruction: Different from group classes, B-Speak!’s focus is on the unique linguistic challenges of the individual student, whether you are from China, South Korea, Japan, India or elsewhere, which means you get the exact training you need.
- Start-to-Finish Support: B-Speak! is designed to support students in their English challenges every step of the way, from the TOEFL to the admissions interview, from the classroom to the job interview – and beyond.
What our Babson students say about B-Speak!
“Great course, passionate teacher. It is a memorable experience for an English learner!” – Yanhua Wang
“I highly recommend it to you, the MBA student who wants to pre-start your MBA with one step ahead. Learn and discuss business strategies and histories while you improve your English!” – Joao Paulo P.
“My teacher gave me insightful comments, which helped me reflect on how to improve my speaking skills for the next class. Within a short period of time, my English speaking skill increased significantly. I spoke more fluently. I learned to paraphrase faster, speak concisely, and stress the main idea. Most importantly, I learned to speak in a way that can connect to the listeners.” – Patareeya K.
“During the course I covered different activities that strengthened my grammar skills, vocabulary and speaking too. Additionally, the discussions and articles got me motivated. Equally important I think this course is great because we could schedule the classes during my free time.” – Juan Pablo M.
“I totally recommend to any person at any level of English to become part of the B-speak family. Before the course, I had doubts about my knowledge and about how my performance will be at Babson, but thanks to the tutorials I feel totally certain that I can do well and ready to start. My teacher was really nice and taught me a lot on grammar, reading, listening, pronunciation and speaking skills. I am happy to share my amazing experience with everyone. Thank you very much and I will use B-speak! for the rest of my career.” – Andres V.
“My teacher is a strong professional—well prepared and organized during the classes. In all classes I had homework after class and extra materials, and ongoing assessment of my progress and goals. Moreover, my teacher made the classes enjoyable, providing varied subjects and materials that will improve my long-term objectives.”—Thaigo S.
“The pronunciation materials were most helpful, my teacher was great, and I liked the flexible schedule. I would definitely recommend the B-Speak! course to future MBA students.”—Wasuphon S.
“My teacher is excellent. She knows my needs and she tries to focus on improving my deficiencies. When I ask her about a specific topic, she always brings the examples and exercises to the next class.” —Marcos M.